Timely elimination of non-laying laying hens is an effective measure to increase the laying rate of laying hens. Through practice, poultry equipment suppliers have summed up the following methods:
- Observe the status of chickens: poultry tends to have a nervous temperament during the laying period and are easily frightened. The feathers are often neater, but pale and shrunk; the non-laying chickens are handled gently, and the hens are gentle and the feathers are not clean, but the bright red hair is combed. , With a lively expression and bright eyes.
- Observe the head and feet of the chicken: sick beaks, eyes and skin toes poultry layers are yellow, while healthy laying hens are white.
- Abdomen: the abdomen of the sick layer is contracted and the feathers are rough; while the abdomen of the healthy layer is full and soft;
- Anus: The anus of the sick bird is white and moist, with a large oval shape;
- Manure: The manure of the sick poultry layer is dry and green; the manure of the hen is plump and moist, and the surface is covered with a layer of white mucus (i.e. urate).
- Sound: The layer that touches the sick chicken is turbulent and makes a “chuckling” sound; the laying hen stretches from the wings and curls up in the cage, making a “chuckling” sound.